Thursday, January 24, 2008

Elder Andrew Wilson letter 1-14-08

This weeks been different, on Wednesday we went over to a members house and gave them a priesthood blessing because they were sick, so that went well. They started feeling better and were able to go on their trip. In the middle of the night my companion Elder Hill started throwing up. I was fine though, but at about 8:00 am I felt horrible. So I just kind of kept working and luckily we did weekly planning which is 3 hours long. So I had some time to be a little sick, but after that I still felt like crap. At around 2 the APs came over (they are the missionaries that are over me. They came to see how I was handling the area I was assigned) then I finally puked. I felt so much better but I still felt like crap so we went out and did missionary work. We went over to Matthew and Sue’s and found out that they haven’t been married for 31 years. They have just been going out, so that was interesting and a bit of a surprise. If you’ve ever talked about not having premarital sex to a 62 year old, you know what I mean, lol. Then we came back and talked to a couple of other people and waited for dinner. I passed out on the couch because I was still pretty sick, but our dinner came and picked up us and the Spanish missionaries. When we got there, it was amazing. She had cooked 3 or 4 different types of Chinese food, but man I was not hungry. As a missionary, if we’re invited, we always come, if we like it or not. So I ate. I did pretty good. I said a lot of prayers that I wouldn’t puke. Luckily my prayers were answered and I made it. So then we went home and we still had a couple of hours before I could call it a day, so I decided I’d scare the A.P. that was with me a bit. So I did one of my favorite things: night contacting. It’s where we walk the streets and find a bunch of black people huddled up just hanging out and we would go teach them. It was fun to watch the A.P. When I told him we were going over there, he was scared out of his mind, but we found a couple people that were interested, so it was cool. The rest of the week we were pretty much just sick so we didn’t do a whole lot.

No comments: